<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/22581490?origin\x3dhttp://-erised.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
soulmates.
Profile



sookee

04071987
NTU, NBS

your thoughts?



Good Reads

Ade
Becky
Bena
Cheryl
Hana
Jacqueline
Jiani
Josephine
Laura
Michie
Minshan
Shir
Xin
Yeow Teck
Yihan
Yueru
Ziwan

rewind

February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009

credits

xxx

Wednesday, October 29, 2008


I received my e66 today! It's such a sleek and sexy beauty :) but it's a business phone so it can get quite boring and a bit complicated to use.

Deepavali on Monday was fuuuuuun at Reub's house! It's been so long since I last ate nice Indian food. And my cravings were satisfied when I ate biryani rice, marsala chicken, mutton, the sour salad, brinjal, pineapple salad etc etc! Hahaha finger-lickin' good man. Then we just stayed inside the room most of the day and played daidee, bluff, snap and this cool number 24 game a smart friend of Huren taught us (he's supposedly the top O's student in his batch). Thanks to Reub, now even his cousins are dubbing me as the Snap Machine.

I cleared a bit of my room today with Reub's help. He was forcing me to throw away a lot of stuff! My nice candles, my perfume boxes (I know but they're so nice I couldn't bear to trash them!) etc. Anws I was showing him the stuff I got from my friends from 1,000 years ago. I realised that Jiani has been giving me A LOT of soft toys since forever. Most of my soft toys were from her! Man, I'm really like a baby to her haha. She just recently gave me a toy rose when she came to visit me few weeks ago. I guess her act of soft toy-giving can never stop :D

Then I extracted my boxes of letters from within the shelves. They were mostly from dearest Mei Hui. I can't believe how many letters we've written for each other since what, Sec 2 or 3? And it continued all the way till our jc days. Awww, a wave of nostalgia hit me as I looked at the piles of yellow and somewhat dusty papers. I can instantly recognise her handwriting without looking at the signoff at the end of the letter. Can't believe we've come this far :)))

In fact other than her, I've also corresponded with a lot of my girlfriends. Jiani, Ade, Xinhui, Ziwan and least expected of all, I think I saw Patsy's letter too. Not too sure if it's her cuz the signoff was quite messy but resembled the letters of her name. I don't remember us being chummy with each other, much less writing letters zzz. Sigh. I really miss my days in ctss. I had so much fun being with them all and most importantly, I miss loving to study. I probably never loved studying more than I was in secondary school. I remember I used to study like damn hard and would get so happy whenever my results came back because most of the time they'd be good. I liked reaping what I sowed. But I don't know why as I moved on to higher educations, I started losing my focus and get so frustrated with whatever I'm studying. I wish I could get back my motivation, determination and confidence that I once had. I felt the world was in my hands back then; but now, with the economy looking gloomer then gloom, I'm finding it increasingly difficult to carve a niche for myself when I graduate.

Anws, my point wasn't that really. I just miss my secondary school days. Especially sitting beside Ade in classes. We would laugh at Manda and Hsunting from behind, make fun of Charles and his BO, make fun of the bubblegum gang (haha), talk bad about our Chinese teacher Yang Jian (is that even her name?!), help each other out during class tests, encourage each other whenever we did badly and just being there for each other in times of difficulty and stress. I guess without her constant encouragement and support, I would've just crumbled under the immense pressure I was giving myself. You know how some friends can just easily make you feel happy and relaxed without much effort? That there's no competition or jealousy no matter what happen? That it's just pure friendship and genuine care and concern from them? Yes, I'm glad to say that I've found such friends in my life, and she's one of them.

Awww~ I'm getting so emo.

♥ 8:37 PM